A postsecondary educator and leader, I am a highly involved and motivated employee who leads by example and naturally inspires others to get involved. I enjoy working on cross-departmental projects, building mentor/mentee relationships with employees of all levels, and developing new programs and workshops. I particularly enjoy working with new-to-college students, and I love being a part of their early growth and development.
- Known for working on cross-departmental projects and exemplifying influential leadership
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and developing workshops for both students and faculty
- Excels at networking, building relationships, and strategically thinking
FULL SAIL UNIVERSITY, WINTER PARK, FL 2008-PRESENT
First Term Initiatives Manager, Full Sail University 2016- Present
- Creates a culture of teamwork and integrity by empowering employees to participate in the decision-making process and to consult each other on grade alignment, student feedback, and course updates.
- Manages and develops the professional growth of thirty-four employees.
- Coaches and develops faculty and staff through workshops, courses, and one-on-one meetings.
- Co-developed a Networking Incubator program for faculty and staff to increase cross-departmental collaboration and communication.
- Prepares and presents monthly media lectures and online synchronous learning events.
- Developed a Student Leadership Academy program for online and on-campus students.
- Analyzes and reports data to Education Directors to support course outcomes and the development of student programs.
- Strategically executes programs and presentations focused on academic persistence.
- Evaluates assignment submission rates and final grade reports for evidence of successful curriculum and student outreach efforts.
Associate Course Director 2013-2016
- Provide a learning experience for students that involves instructor – lead discussion, videos, demonstrations, and hands-on activities.
- Develop curriculum and manage course material for 50 -100 first month students.
- Co-developed a training program to certify faculty to teach Digital Literacy and Creative Presentation.
Advising and Mentoring
- Meet with students to discuss career plans, study strategies, and course progress.
- Guide adjunct faculty on course-related issues, including how to grade assignments, implementing demonstrations in an online setting, and how to handle escalated student issues.
- Introduce digital communication tools to develop computer, institutional information and interpersonal literacies in a collaborative learning environment.
- Prepare and present lectures on a weekly basis in a multimedia format such as Keynote, videos, and GoToTraining.
Orientation Manager 2010-2013
- Helped develop and implement monthly orientation workshops for new students.
- Presented on behalf of the education department at the “Welcome to Campus” event.
- Instructed the Time/Life/Money Management workshop that was presented to all new students.
- Organized staffing schedules for all orientation events.
- Worked with staff to develop new workshops to be offered during student orientation.
Senior Student Advisor/Student Advisor/Assistant Student Advisor 2008-2010
- Supervised four other Student Advisors and would assist with escalated issues.
- Oversaw three different degree programs, which included 850 students.
- Managed the student work-study program in the Education Department.
- Presented the Full Sail Education Policy for 500+ students on a monthly basis.
- Implemented a 21st Birthday Program, which gave free movie tickets to students who turned 21 to promote a safe 21st
Awards & Honors
- PROPS Award for Community 2013, Full Sail University
- PROPS Award for Exemplifying the Guiding Principles and Unwavering Commitment to Excellence 2014, Full Sail University
- Extraordinary Merit for Embodying a Spirit of Innovation 2014, Full Sail University
- Exemplary Leadership in 2014, Full Sail University
- Navigator School Leadership Development Program 2015, Full Sail University
- Dedication to the Blue Sky Mission 2015, Full Sail University
- Full Sail Leadership Academy Graduate 2015, Full Sail University
- Pilot Award 2015, Full Sail University